Welcome to the Friends of Brunswick County and Friends of Shallotte forum!
Are you tired of facebook?
This is a place for free speech, however, this board is for focused on topic discussions only. The rules will be strictly enforced! Absolutely no drama or personal attacks will be allowed!
Try to keep all posts local oriented, or for visitors/residents of the county. There are designated areas for things outside of Brunswick County, if it belongs there put it there.
This is meant to be a place for everyone who lives, visits, works or has any connection to Brunswick County, North Carolina. All are welcome. Let's build a great community around a beautiful area!
This site is a work in progress but you can sign up now!

The forum is working again.

General discussion can go here. Anything goes within the rules. Posts that are topic relate still need to be posted in the correct category.
WebSurfer
Site Admin

Users can once again create accounts, login, make posts and use the forum as normal. Sorry for the down time.
shrimpboatsteve

You know this is posted in the local news section right? What happened I kept checking but I couldn't login in
WebSurfer
Site Admin

shrimpboatsteve wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:59 am You know this is posted in the local news section right? What happened I kept checking but I couldn't login in
We keep getting locked out because of attempts to login into the forum in different ways. I haven't had time to add any new features because I have been trying to get the forum back up and keep it working. I don't know what else to do at this point.
MoonQueen

I told you who I think it is. That psycho runs around and harrasses anyone he can that he can make up a reason not to like. I would go ahead and report what's happening to your site and him to the police now!
WebSurfer
Site Admin

I don't know what is going on with it but I am trying to figure out both who's doing it and how to stop it.
MoonQueen

THIS IS OUR TOWN!!!!!!!!! All of these out of towners and Yankees moving to our beautiful area and destroying it!!!!!! LAND CLEARED!!! ANIMALS DISPLACED!!!!!!!! IT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP!!!!! Some of us are fighting for our ancestors land homie!!! It is deeper than just building houses. OUR HOME IS BRING DESTROYESLD AND OUR WAY OF LIFE DESTROYED!!!!!! So I understand if you or others don't get it but I don't care if it is land being cleared or a website online that has to do with the area!! IT IS OUR LOCAL BIRTHRIGHT TO CONTROL AND MAINTAIN THE TRADITIONS AND CUSTOMS THAT MAKE OUR HONE SPECIAL!! Real locals understand.
shrimpboatsteve

MoonQueen wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:16 am THIS IS OUR TOWN!!!!!!!!! All of these out of towners and Yankees moving to our beautiful area and destroying it!!!!!! LAND CLEARED!!! ANIMALS DISPLACED!!!!!!!! IT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP!!!!! Some of us are fighting for our ancestors land homie!!! It is deeper than just building houses. OUR HOME IS BRING DESTROYESLD AND OUR WAY OF LIFE DESTROYED!!!!!! So I understand if you or others don't get it but I don't care if it is land being cleared or a website online that has to do with the area!! IT IS OUR LOCAL BIRTHRIGHT TO CONTROL AND MAINTAIN THE TRADITIONS AND CUSTOMS THAT MAKE OUR HONE SPECIAL!! Real locals understand.
This area has its problems just like anywhere else it isn't special or magical. If you ask me all of the money that's been pouring in over the last few decades has done the most to change the way of life you are talking about by influencing the locals to choose that way. It's not Yankees selling their families land they've owned for generations it's the locals. And while you might not consider me one of your pure true locals, my family has lived here since the 70s and the rest of my family vacationed here where they lived until I moved here full time in 2001. So I might not be a local by your definition but I am definitely a local by mine!
wynnfrith

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт