Welcome to the Friends of Brunswick County and Friends of Shallotte forum!
Are you tired of facebook?
This is a place for free speech, however, this board is for focused on topic discussions only. The rules will be strictly enforced! Absolutely no drama or personal attacks will be allowed!
Try to keep all posts local oriented, or for visitors/residents of the county. There are designated areas for things outside of Brunswick County, if it belongs there put it there.
This is meant to be a place for everyone who lives, visits, works or has any connection to Brunswick County, North Carolina. All are welcome. Let's build a great community around a beautiful area!
This site is a work in progress but you can sign up now!

Hello from Calabash!

New here? Stop by and say hi!
SandySoul

Hello Brunswick County, my name is Sam. I've been a resident for a little over ten years but my family vacationed here since the 1980's. I enjoy a nice walk on sunset beach everyday as well as lunch at some of my favorite spots in town. I am divorced with two kids who live in California. I love to meet new people and enjoy the beach. If anyone wants to join me for a walk sometime just ask!
WebSurfer
Site Admin

SandySoul wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:20 pm Hello Brunswick County, my name is Sam. I've been a resident for a little over ten years but my family vacationed here since the 1980's. I enjoy a nice walk on sunset beach everyday as well as lunch at some of my favorite spots in town. I am divorced with two kids who live in California. I love to meet new people and enjoy the beach. If anyone wants to join me for a walk sometime just ask!
Welcome Sam! I hope you enjoy your time here on this site. I almost have all the spam stopped and I hope to build a great community.
SandySoul

Thank you! We live in paradise so I'm sure it will have a community to match.
shrimpboatsteve

SandySoul wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:20 pm Hello Brunswick County, my name is Sam. I've been a resident for a little over ten years but my family vacationed here since the 1980's. I enjoy a nice walk on sunset beach everyday as well as lunch at some of my favorite spots in town. I am divorced with two kids who live in California. I love to meet new people and enjoy the beach. If anyone wants to join me for a walk sometime just ask!
Hey sam!! I'm Steve! I love calabash! This area is definitely paradise but don't think there isn't a dark side to it. This site is a nice quiet little slice of that paradise that I have really enjoyed so far.
MoonQueen

shrimpboatsteve wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:55 pm
Hey sam!! I'm Steve! I love calabash! This area is definitely paradise but don't think there isn't a dark side to it. This site is a nice quiet little slice of that paradise that I have really enjoyed so far.
If you DONTT like it here "steveie" then maybe you should MOVE!!! WE HAVE TO MANY PEOPLE MOVING HERE!!!!!! We could use a few leaving. Everywhere has problems but to claim our paradise is anything but that you can GTFOOOO!!!! Your probably a conspiracy nut anyway!!!
shrimpboatsteve

MoonQueen wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:03 pm
If you DONTT like it here "steveie" then maybe you should MOVE!!! WE HAVE TO MANY PEOPLE MOVING HERE!!!!!! We could use a few leaving. Everywhere has problems but to claim our paradise is anything but that you can GTFOOOO!!!! Your probably a conspiracy nut anyway!!!
For someone that trys to represent peace love and happiness you sure seem to do and act the exact opposite of that! No I'm not a conspiracy nut I was talking about the wealth inequality and the drug problem. But I've sure seen first hand the people like you who think they own this county because of your roots lol
MoonQueen

shrimpboatsteve wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:04 pm

For someone that trys to represent peace love and happiness you sure seem to do and act the exact opposite of that! No I'm not a conspiracy nut I was talking about the wealth inequality and the drug problem. But I've sure seen first hand the people like you who think they own this county because of your roots lol
You sure sound like a NUT JOB!!!! You wouldnt know half of what goes on in OUR county!!! We don't want your kind here!! You damn yankees can go back home!!!!!
shrimpboatsteve

MoonQueen wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:38 pm

You sure sound like a NUT JOB!!!! You wouldnt know half of what goes on in OUR county!!! We don't want your kind here!! You damn yankees can go back home!!!!!
So sweet! You have to love that southern hospitality! Can you please explain how I'm a nut job? Because I see a gap in wealth equality in the area and there are some drug issues?
MoonQueen

shrimpboatsteve wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:35 am

So sweet! You have to love that southern hospitality! Can you please explain how I'm a nut job? Because I see a gap in wealth equality in the area and there are some drug issues?

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!! Your going to complain that nothing gets done here the locals hate outsiders and we are all corrupt!!! GET A LIFEEE!!
shrimpboatsteve

MoonQueen wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:03 pm
shrimpboatsteve wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:35 am

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!! Your going to complain that nothing gets done here the locals hate outsiders and we are all corrupt!!! GET A LIFEEE!!
I wasn't going to respond but honestly I am tired of the way you locals treat people that move here. You are all smiles and southern charm when people are visiting but lord knows if someone wants to move here and make it their home they are automatically the enemy! A lot of locals do hate "outsiders" you said it not me. And I still don't see anything wrong with what I said. Every town in the world had its own problems and to think your town doesn't is just delusional and again I was just talking about the wealth gap and some drug issues you brought up corruption which yes I'm sure happens here just like everywhere else. Now are you going to scream and cry about that one or just call me more names?